Friday, September 12, 2008

Why is the grass greener?


We've all heard the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side". Well, WHY!? Is it that you make an impatient choice, or a deeper, personal "lacking"? Or maybe, a stuipid, scared little game we play with each other, with life. Wanting what we cannot have, and not wanting something til it's lost. Human nature I suppose. Basic stupidity. *sigh*


I've sat down on my "grass" many times, happy enough, then finding some lonely blade, all brown and whithered, suddenly dissatisfied. Not with only the one blade, but the entire field, the field of my life. Why so shallow and dumb?! I guess at some point I realized you can pick that blade and throw it into the wind, or try to care for it, and regardless of your efforts, what you have will never be perfect. But, is it perfect for me? Does it make me happy, without looking around.


Sometimes I think it'd be easier to move to another country, alone, escaping everything familiar. At times I wish I was just brave enough to grab what I want, without considering anyone else. But that will never work, it's not who I am. And I know as glamorous as they seem, they are bound to have those options are bound to have downfalls as well. I do have to realize there are some choices I am making whether I want to or not. That scares me! And throws me into this "what if" mode. If I do this, or that, or maybe this....what if what if what if.


So instead of driving myself completely bonkers, I'm sitting here, letting all those thoughts explode into this blog. And....it's not really helping. That's because there is human choice, and you can't just "let things happen". Although I would like to. I guess my conclusion is - to make my decisions for the right reason, no because of what's right for someone else. I need to build a talllll talllll fence and worry about my "grass" only. :)

No comments: